Monday 3 December 2012

Rebecca's first blog!

When, in my Adopt A Composer interview, I was asked "in an ideal world, if you could write anything, for any forces, what would that be?", I answered that, given no limitations, I would love to do something exciting for very large forces, involving both choir and orchestra. Never did I imagine that I would actually be offered the opportunity to work with both!

 So being paired with the wonderful Music For Everyone really is a dream come true for me - if the prospect of writing for a choir of 250 is a little daunting! The piece will celebrate the organisation's 30th anniversary, and at our first meeting we had plenty of ideas. We talked about the possibility a suite of short contrasting movements, so there is something for everyone, and keeping it broadly filmic in feel. Other than that I am keeping my mind open until I have got to know the ensembles a little better. Everybody involved has already been incredibly welcoming, and I can't wait for my first visit, which is coming up very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment